This Sabre Android Dac has a MicroUSB cable instead of a usb cable and works with some Android phones without any drivers or tweaks.
Current tested confirmed models include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running newest software update
- Samsung Galaxy Mega running Android 4.2.2
- Samsung galaxy S3 with newest software
- Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.2.2
- LG Optimus G Pro 4.1.2+
- Confirmed working with HTC One X, 4.2.2 (Software number 4.18.401.2
- Possibly works with most Android phones running android 4.2.2
- LG G2
- Motorola Moto G
- HP Slate 7 Extreme tablet running Kit Kat 4.4.2 (volume level change doesn't work)
- ASUS Padfone S
- Nexus 5 running android 5.0.1
- Galaxy S4 Mini (doesn't support USB OTG)
- LG Nexus 4 (doesn't support USB OTG)
Cyanogenmod doesn't always work, a customer got it working by switching to "Resurrection Remix" ROM.
please let us know if you have tested it with other phones, and we'll update the list.
No settings needs to be changed on Samsung phones. Volume up/down keys controls volume in the same way as for the regular output.
The Android Dac is the same DAC as the "Tiny" model. It uses a PCM2706 USB receiver chip and the Sabre ES9023 dac chip.
Model:UAE Tiny Android
Hi, I am interested in this DAC but I am bit concerned if this DAC is going to drain out the battery of my Galaxy S3 too fast?
Reply: It doesn't drain it very fast, but a little faster compared to using internal audio output should be expected.