- Signal Isolation 5kV
- Voltage Isolation 1kV
- Built in 200mA power supply from USB bus (no external power supply required)
- Power supply LC filter
- Copper ground
- ADUM4160 Support USB "full speed" 12Mb/s , but not "high speed" 480 Mb/s. Does not support USB low speed.
- Size: 55x35mm + cable 10cm
Will the USB Isolator get rid of my buzz noise?
Buzz noises are often ground loop problems, and this is exactly what the USB isolator will remove.
Also, some dac's requires more than 200mA power. This might be if they have a headphone amplifier, or a MCU that draws more power.
Do you offer warranty ?
Yes, we offer a 1 year warranty for all our products. We will ask you to pay shipping cost for sending the item back to China or USA (and UK for smaller items).
It doesn't work, do I need to install a driver
The USB isolator is "transparent" for the computer, so there are no drivers to install. However, it doesn't work with all USB devices. Your device does probably either require too much power, or needs USB High speed mode (480Mbps), or low speed mode (USB1.1 - used by keyboards, mouse).
Some further explanation:
- USB ports can supply up to 500mA of power, while the USB isolator will output max 200mA. Some devices will require more than 200mA and will not work with the USB isolator. If your sound card has mic preamps or other features that draws a lot of power, then it's probably not if it gets all it's power from USB.
- If your DAC supports sample rates above 96/24, then it will require USB High Speed (USB Audio class 2) and will not work with the isolator. Also, if you have a 96/24 sound card with 4/8 channels, it will also require high data transfer than the isolator supports. It also doesn't support USB low speed devices like mouse keyboard. It can be modified to support low speed devices, but then it will only support low speed, not Full speed (96/24).