This is the microUSB / Android version of the Sabre 9018 DAC. The specs is identical as the USB type A version.
Also available with USB Type-C plug, see here.
Our original Android DAC was the first commercially available dedicated Android DAC when it was put on the market in 2013. We are now happy to introduce a new Android model, made with the superior Sabre ES9018K2M chip and 9601 headphone amp. It supports up to 96kHz/24bit, and responds to the phones up/down volume keys. It draws up to 60mA power which is a little more than the older Android DAC, but still very low and much lower than many other DAC that requires 200-300mA.
It also has an Improved microUSB plug that gets a good grip and doesn’t slip out of the phone easily.
Works with Android 5.X and 6.X (and future updates), and some 4.X devices. Just plug it and all sound will come from the DAC, no settings on special program required.
The high-end 9018 DAC chip combined with the Sabre headphone driver give a very detailed sound with a great soundstage. The noise is very low and can be used with also the most sensitive headphones. It is tested to work and sound great with Audio Technica ath-m50 (38 ohm, 99dB), Sennheiser hd650 (300 ohm, 103 dB), IEM: JH Audio JH-13 (28 ohm, 116dB).
- Sabre ES9018k2m DAC chip and SABRE9601 headphone and line out driver, SA9023 USB receiver chip
- Works and sound great with most headphone (including low impedance IEM and high impedance headphones) and all line-level devices (preamps, amplifiers)
- Accepts 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz input files @16 and 24 bit (Android OS might downsample to 48kHz depending on Android version)
- Volume controlled by vol +/- buttons
- Improved microUSB plug gets a good grip
- Ultra-low noise regulator LP5907 with added noise-reducing aluminum solid capacitors (NCC PSF series)
- Patented Time Domain Jitter Eliminator (by ESS Technologies)
- Optical output
- 122dB SNR
- 110dB THD+N: 2V rms @ 600 ohm load
- 100dB THD+N: 30mW @ 32 ohm load
- No DC blocking capacitors on the output
- Power usage: 40-80 mA depending on sample rate and volume
- Dimensions:5.5 x 3.5 x 1.8 cm (without cable)
- Weight 30g
The Sabre 9018 is also the first DAC to use our new case. We have made a simple case at minimal added cost compared to our existing generic case.