Note: Power supply is required and not included!
This Sabre DAC features an USB Isolator chip (adum4160) that isolates the DAC from USB power. It can then be supplied with an external clean power supply. It accepts a wide range of DC and AC voltages. Batteries can also be used for optimal performance. This makes it slightly less portable than the smaller brother, theUSB powered Sabre DAC, but might offer even better performance! We still recommend the smaller dac for ultimate portability and convenience.
On this new batch we have added a headphone amp to this dac. This output is 3.5mm on the front and volume through this output is adjustable with an analog volume pot. The headphone output can drive headphones down to 16ohm. There is also a direct line out from the ES9023 chip (RCA plugs on the back). This output can also be used to drive many headphones (with a RCA to 3.5mm jack adaptor). You can experiment to see which you prefer for your headphones.
It can also b used as an USB to Coaxial adapter. The coax besides the USB input is output!
USB cable is not included. We sell separate USB cables 30cm and 1.5meter here:
– Mac, Windows and Linux computers.
– Confirmed working with iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1 and 7) using this USB hub
– USB input. (the COAX connector is output! – don’t buy this if you need coax input)
– Two outputs: 3.5m (headphone amplified) and RCA (line level)
– Analog volume control (headphone output only!)
– Headphone output based on TPA6138 driver
– No drivers required for Mac, Windows and Linux!
– Requires external (not included) power supply: DC between 5-15V or AC 4-11V. 500mA. Both polarity DC is ok. Plug is 5.5-6/2.1. From 5.5mm to 6mm on outside and 2.1mm in the middle.
– Power draw: 53mA (63mA with TCXO) when playback. and 2mA at USB Bus. 18mA when USB cable is unplugged.
Highlights about Sabre ES9023 dac chip:
– The sound go straight out of the DAC chip and into your headphones or amplifier. It is not needed that the sound signal go through a capacitor to remove a DC voltage, there is no DC voltage to remove! This omits the need of a cap which adds costs and reduces sound quality.
– Jitter Eliminator! The ES9023 utilize patented HyperstreamTM architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator.
– 112db DNR
– Accepts 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 16 and 24 bits.
Savitech has released an ASIO driver for the SA9023 usb chip. ASIO drivers can provide lower latency, and is to optional to use.
Asio drivers is only recommended for advanced users, and is not required for normal audio playback.
It can be downloaded here.
Does this DAC support headphone of 250 Ohms ?
Yes, it supports 250ohm headphones.