This model is discontinued. Look at the 9018 model instead: https://hifimediy.com/Sabre-9018-DAC
The Hifimediy U2 Asynchronous DAC was developed by DIY (do it yourself} enthusiasts in the purpose of making a really good but cheap dac that could compete against regular commercial DAC’s costing many times as much. It utilises a DAC chip from ESS Technology, whose DAC chips is highly regarded. The ES9023 chip is their simplest DAC chip which keeps many of the features of their bigger brothers at a minimal cost.
- In synchronous mode, the length of a second is defined by the host device. That is, the host will send data at a rate, and the device has to exactly match that rate
- In asynchronous mode it is the other way around, the device sets the definition of a second, and the host has to match the device.
- In adaptive mode the data flow determines the clock.
- Asynchronous USB transfer
- Output on 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Volume Level is controlled by the normal volume control keys on your computer. (no need to use the volume control inside iTunes etc.)
- No drivers required for Mac, Windows and Linux!
- Normal line level output (2Vrms) when connected to amplifiers/preamps. For headphones the level decreases down to 1Vrms for 32ohm headphones
- Confirmed working with iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1) using this USB hub: http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=90
- Quality TYCO gold plated headphone connector
The U2 can also work as Asynchronous USB to optical converter when not using the analog output.
- The sound go straight out of the DAC chip and into your headphones or amplifier. It is not needed that the sound signal go through a capacitor to remove a DC voltage, there is no DC voltage to remove! This omits the need of a coloring cap which adds costs and reduces sound quality
- Jitter Eliminator! The ES9023 utilISed patented HyperstreamTM architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator
- 112db DNR
Asio drivers is only recommended for advanced users, and is not required for normal audio playback.
It can be downloaded here.
- Open 2.2Vrms
- 4.7Kohm 2.1Vrms
- 1.8Kohm 1.9Vrms
- 510ohm 1.5Vrms
- 330ohm 1.3Vrms
- 30ohm 1Vrms
Always use the Div – Table converter and the online HTML editor to compose perfect articles for your website!