See our comparison table of all available isolators
The Intona SuperSpeed isolator supports USB full speed 12Mbps, hi-speed 480Mbps and also SuperSpeed 5Gbps. It provides galvanic isolation between the USB host and device and protects the device from power shocks and avoid ground loops that can be very troublesome in audio.
It supplies 500mA to the connected device (same as a standard USB port) without any additional power supply, or you can connect external power and deliver up to 2000mA. This version support 1kV signal and power isolation and 20kV ESD protection.
Transparent (No-Hub) USB Isolation at 5Gbps
The secondary side may be powered by an external power feed with up to 2000mA for energy-hungry devices via Micro-USB. The power switching between internal and external supply is done automatically.
- Provides galvanic isolation to the USB bus
- Compliant to USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) SuperSpeed (5 GBps) and 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 MBps)
- Backwards compatible to Full Speed and Low Speed
- 1kV DC Isolation of USB 3.0 part
- 5kV RMS Isolation of USB 2.0 part
- Advanced ESD protection
- Works out of the box, no drivers needed
- Transparent to host and device: wide compatibility to all operating systems, embedded systems and devices
- Works also with hubs and extenders
- Supports all USB-specific transfers and modes
- Powered by USB bus, no separate power supply
- Ultra-quiet power rail isolation for less noise in highly sensitive applications (< 1 µV RMS @ 22 kHz BW)
- Up to 900mA output current on isolated side
- Up to 2000mA output current on isolated using the aux input
- National compliances: FCC, CE, RCM, ICES-003
- IP 54 Aluminum housing
- Dimensions: 120 x 30 x 70 mm
- Made in Germany
Note: USB Cable not included
What is the difference from the cheaper USB isolators?
The 7055-C supports in addition to full speed 12Mbps and Hi-speed 480Mbps also SuperSpeed 5Gbps. There are a few sound devices that works on SuperSpeed mode. The 7055-C also has ultra low noise DC noise, so the connected device will receive a super clean DC power.
Does it require a driver or special setting?
Yes it supports all USB types, the isolator doesn’t care, it just passed on the data to your computer.
It depends on your DAC, computer and electrical environment. If you have a ground loop then it will be removed by using a USB isolator. Additionally the isolator will clean up the 5V DC from your computers USB port. Some computers have very noisy USB power, while other are not so noisy, so the difference will depend on the starting point. This model isolator provides super clean DC supply with ultra low noise.
It will fix noises that are caused by ground loops, often presented as whining, buzz or loud shh noises. However some noises are have other causes. For example the microphone preamp might be noisy by itself, or an electric guitar might pick up noise in the air from other equipment. For those noises USB isolation and better quality, low noise DC power will probably not help much.