Our original and bestselling USB DAC with Sabre ES9023 DAC chip and Savitech SA9023 USB receiver. The newest batch of this DAC has improvements in the PCB layout.
The HiFimeDIY ES9023 DAC was developed by DIY (do-it-yourself) enthusiasts with the purpose of making a really good, but cheap DAC that could compete against regular commercial DAC’s costing many times as much. It uses a DAC chip from the highly regarded ESS Technology. The ES9023 chip is their simplest DAC chip which keeps many of the features of their bigger brothers at a minimal cost.
Simple design with focus on the technical side
You pay for the sound, not the enclosure. We use a small lightweight simple case, so that you don’t have to pay extra for a bigger, heavier and more expensive enclosure.
The power supply in a sound device is very important for the sound quality. We use a high end ultra-low noise regulator (LT1763) and extra capacitors to smoothen the often noisy DC power from USB ports.
- Mac, Windows and Linux computers, no drivers required
- Most newer Android devices (requires OTG adaptor)
- Also reported to work with the Synology DS115J audio station
- Raspberry Pi
- Output from 3.5mm headphone connector
- Volume Level is controlled by the normal volume control keys on your computer (no need to use the volume control inside iTunes etc.)
- Normal line level output (2Vrms) when connected to amplifiers/preamps. For headphones the level decreases down to 1 Vrms for 32 ohm headphones
- Quality gold plated headphone connector
Additional (bonus) features
- USB to optical converter. The 3.5mm output is a dual function plug. If you connect a 3.5mm optical cable it will send SPDIF optical signal, up to 96kHz. Can be use to connect your computer to another DAC or device that doesn’t have USB input.
Highlights about Sabre ES9023 DAC chip
- The sound go straight out of the DAC chip to your headphones or amplifier. No capacitor (that colors the sound) is required, there is no DC voltage to remove! Normally a cap is required at the DAC output, it ads costs and reduces sound quality.
- Jitter Eliminator! The ES9023 utilISed patented HyperstreamTM architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator.
- 112db DNR
USB chip Savitech SA9023
- Accepts 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48khz, 88kHz and 96kHz sample rates. Many USB DAC’s use the cheaper PCM2704 usb receiver chips that can only accept up to 48kHz/16bit.
- Works in USB Adaptive mode, DAC async mode.
USB chip TenorTE7022L
- Accepts 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48khz 96kHz sample rates. Most USB DAC’s use the cheaper PCM2704 usb receiver chips that can only accept up to 48kHz/16bit.
- Works in USB Adaptive, DAC async mode
- Open 2.2Vrms
- 4.7Kohm 2.1Vrms
- 1.8Kohm 1.9Vrms
- 510ohm 1.5Vrms
- 330ohm 1.3Vrms
- 30ohm 1Vrms