New SPDIF DAC available here: Hifime SPDIF OPTICAL 9018
The SPDIF DAC is build with with the same Sabre ES9023 chip as our USB DAC, featuring the same SABRE DAC technology. This DAC chip does not have any DC voltage at it’s output, eliminating the need of a DC coupling capacitor at the output.
There are two OUTPUTS on this dac:
- A line out direct from the ES9023 dac chip through the RCA connectors on the backside.
- A headphone output with a dedicated headphone amplifer (TPA6138) throught the 3.5mm plug on the front.
The analog volume control on the front controls the volume on the headphone output only, the line out on RCA is not affected by this volume pot.
It uses the CS8416 digital receiver and accepts up to 192k/24bit on all inputs.
- 3 INPUTS: 2 COAXIAL and 1 OPTICAL
- 2 OUTPUTS: Line level and headphone output
- Headphone output can drive loads from 16ohm and outputs 2Vrms.
- Line output can drive loads from 30ohm
- Accepts up to 192kHz/24bit (all sample rates including 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz)
- A switch for selecting inputs.
- Output impedance when muted: about 0.11ohm. Minimum load12.8ohm
- Input voltage: 230V (200V to 240V accepted)
- Dimensions: 13cm x 9 cm x 4cm (including knobs)
- Weight 370g
Not as transparent as my audioengine D1. Sound stage wide but voices sound fairly thin. Also seems to be slightly deficient in the subwoofer range frequencies. Very good for the price but can’t expect more than what you paid for.
I’ve bought one last week. I have a squeezebox touch and I use it in standalone with a usb key (no edo). With a spdif connexion it a great improvement if I compare with the embedded cad. For the price it is an unbelievable result!
In french : pour le prix et rien que pour essayer l’ess sabre c’est déjà une super opportunité et, dans mon cas, avec une squeezebox touch, c’est parfait, je réécoute toute ma collection de cd rippés…
Il ne s’agit pas d’une petite nuance, comme on dit chez moi, il y a peut être mieux mais ce sera beaucoup plus chers!
congratulations for this dac really successful, everything is there,
the definition is excellent, and the dynamics, but also the tonal richness and musicality, nothing seems to miss him.
I compared it to a "M2TECH YOUNG": DAC "HIFIMEDIY" is more subtle in definition and tones.
On my system (Mark Levinson ML10/ Sonus Faber Electa Amator 1) I use a Mac Mini, via a coupler DDC "STELLO U3", the result is exceptional.