SMPS Switch Mode Power Supply
The Connexelectronic Switched Mode power supplies (SMPS) are designed specifically for audio where the quality of DC voltage is of greatest importance for sound quality. They provide a very clean DC with minimal ripple/noise, much less than other industrial SMPS.
The SMPS600RS is very efficient with an efficiency from 91% to 95% depending on voltage model, (measured at half load). This makes them run cooler and waste less power. They also benefit from a small form factor and low weight.
It can output 600W continuous, 720W peak power and 800W short-time peak output. Output voltage can be adjusted 10%. That means +-5% in each directly from the factory set voltage.
SMPS600RS use state of the art, very efficient LLC Series Resonant Converter Topology. Due to the soft-switched topology used, the SMPS600RS has very low EMI noise, lower losses and is more compact than a similar power rating classic hard-switched SMPS.
The SMPS requires to be connected to a load (the device you’ll power) for it to start and run correctly. There are different versions for 230V and 115V mains.
The SMPS600RS is single voltage output only. For a dual voltage output have a look at the SMPS800RE or SMPS500R. Another lower power alternative is the SMPS300RS.
There is also a lower power auxiliary power 12V output. It’s regulated which means it will stay at 12V even if you adjust main voltage up/down.
Note: The max continuous current for the aux output should not exceed 500ma, and the total capacitance of the circuits connected to the aux output should not exceed 2200uF, otherwise the on board fuses might blow.
- Input voltage: 230VAC (196-254V accepted)
- Output voltage: Single 48V DC (adjustable +-5% from 48V)
- Output wattage: 600W constant, 720W peak, 800W short time peak
- Efficiency at 50% load: ~93%
- Ripple/noise: 16mVpp @ 10% load, 68mVpp at 70% load
- Under-voltage, Over-voltage, Over-current and Over-current Protection.
- Burst-Mode operation at low load or no-load for high efficiency
- On-board Soft Start for smooth turns ON without current peaks or breaker tripping
- Dimensions: 100×112, height varies from 38mm to 44mm depending on voltage versions
- Weight: 400 gram
- Model: SMPS600RS
There are no reviews yet.