TK2050 is the chipset consisting of the TC2000 controller and the TP2050/STA510 output stage chip. Our T2 amp uses an upgraded output stage chip, STA510A together with the TC2000 controller. This makes it more powerful and better at lower impedances, whle keeping the great sound signature of the TK2050 which is mainly from the TC2000 controller.
The T2 utilizes one STA510A output stage chip for each channel in paralleled configuration. This amp can drive any speaker from 4-8 ohm. It is recommended for speakers in the 4 ohm range. For 8 ohm speakers, we recommend the T1 amp.
The input capactiros are quite important for the sound quality of this kind of amps, as it’s one of the few parts that the audio signal flows through.
The new batch uses audiophile Jantzen incput caps (Jantzen Cross Caps 2.2uf)
- 10000uf cap
- 2*100W@4ohm, 2*50W@8ohm
- Power input: DC 22V-31V or AC 16V-22V
- TC2000 controller and two sta510 power stage chip.
- On/off relay, preventing “pop” sound in speakers during on/off
- Input impedance: 50K. (20K if you remove the vol.pot)
- Input sensitivity for full power: 1.5V RMS
- Onboard volume pot
- Dimensions: 128x81x38mm
- PCB thickness 2mm
- Comes fully assembled, as pictured.
- Quality MKP input 3.3uf input caps
- All caps and parts are well known brands
- Big fanless heatsink.