Tripath TK2050 amp for 9V to 24V
The T1-M amp is made with the TK2050 chipset with the famous TC2000 controller and sta508 output stage chip. We made this lower powered TK2050 to be in the same category as the TA2020 and TA2022, but used the TK2050 because we think that the TK2050 is better sounding.
Sometimes it’s required to power a Tripath amp with a lower DC voltage than what’s needed by the other T1 , T2 , T3 , T4 models. This amp can be powered from a single 12V battery, or other 12V to 24V DC supply. This makes it great for cars, boats, cabin or other portable setups.
Also this amp is cheaper than the others because the production costs goes as the parts don’t have to rated for 50V.
This amp can be powered from any DC voltage from 9V to 24V. Note: 24V power supply is absolute max. It is not recommended to run on 24V except if you are sure the voltage is constant and will not go above 24V. SMPS supplies are normally constant, while a linear supply might have higher spikes.
- The volume switch also acts as a on / off switch.
- Important to know about Tripath amps: Ground on the two channels can not be connected together
- It is ok to only connect 1 speaker and leave the other channel unconnected if desired
- This amp can not be bridged
- There is an indication light on the board close to the volume switch, it lights up when power is connected and the amp is off. The light goes off when the amp is on.
- TC2000 controller + 1 x sta505 or tp2050 output stage chip.
- Input sensitivity 1.5V
- Input impedance 50K
- Comes assembled as pictured.
- Dimensions: 8cm x 7cm x 4cm
- Output power (stereo) RMS @ 4 ohm with supply voltages: 24V – 57W, 21V – 37W, 18V – 31W, 15V – 22W, 12V – 14.5W, 9V – 8W
- Output power (stereo) RMS @ 6 ohm with supply voltages: 24V – 42W, 21V – 33W, 18V – 23W, 15V – 16W, 12V – 10W, 9V – 5.9W
- We don’t have any measurements for 8 ohm, but you might get an idea from looking at the 4 and 6 ohm ratings.