4 Channel Tripath TK2050 amplifier
This amp features 4 channels using two TC2000 controller IC’s and two STA508 output stage chips. It’s similar to the T1 amp and deploys the STA508 as output chip in full bridged, non-paralleled configuration. This makes it able to output 80W@8ohm or 40W@4ohm. Several boards can easily be connected together to create 8, 12, 16 etc channels.
This amp, unlike the T1, does not have any speaker protection, however, we didn’t experience any on/off noises in this design.
- Important to know about Tripath amps: Ground on the two channels can not be connected together
- It is ok to only connect 1,2 or 3 speaker and leave the other channel unconnected if needed
- This amp can not be bridged
- 4*80W@8ohm or 4*40W@4ohm
- Power input: DC 20V-32V (only DC!)
- 2 x TC2000 controllers and 2 x sta508 power stage chips.
- Input impedance: 20K
- Input sensitivity for full power: 1.5V rms
- Gain: 15
- Dimensions: 140x120x35mm
- PCB thickness 2mm
- Comes fully assembled, as pictured.
A very good amp indeed!
Compared to another manufacturers’ 4 Channel TK2050 board (which i used before & liked a lot) this one is quiet a step ahead!
Very good soundstage. Crisp, clear & unbribable. I’m also very satisfied with the resolution of details.
I’m actually using it hooked to a meanwell 350 VA power supply and it fits just fine. Empirically on connex supplies amps are a bit more "sinewy" driven tho’, but this combo already is performing with a lot of spirit.
I could imagine some clarity caps px or esa at input section replacing the (already good) spirit mkp’s would probably increase the sonics towards some more liquescent experience, but that’s only my two cents … anyways, the delivered configuration plays very neutral in best figurative sense!
Cheers & thanks!
This board works perfect in my home cinema. I use two, to bi-amp the front and center speakers, rears are single amped. It just sounds awesome, and stays very cool.